Red Potato Fries
I love French fries; it is one of my favourite foods. If someone asked me if I had to eat just one food for the rest of my life, what would that be? I might actually pick fries. For some reason though, roasted potatoes are not really my thing.
A few weeks ago, we had some red potatoes in the fridge so I decided to try making some wedges with them. They turned out better than I had hoped (crispy on the outside and soft on the inside) and I think it was one ingredient that was the reason for that – mayonnaise (🤫 don’t tell my husband since he doesn’t like mayo, but at least I have the defense that he had wolfed them down 😂).
I hope you enjoy this recipe for red potato fries…
Level: Easy | Time: 80 min | Servings: 2
- 10-12 red potatoes
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Cut the red potatoes into wedge-sized pieces.
- Soak the red potatoes in water for 30 min.
- Pat the potatoes dry and put them into a bowl.
- Put 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, 1 tsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp of minced garlic, 1 tsp of paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into the bowl and mix all the ingredients thoroughly with the potatoes.
- Put the coated red potatoes into the air fryer. If you don’t have one, you can put them onto an oiled baking sheet and put them in the oven.
- Air fry or bake at 325F for 30 min or until tender when pierced with a fork. Turn them halfway through.
- Turn up to 425F and air fry or bake for an additional 5 min to crisp the exterior.
If you want a good side dish to make with this, check out my Chicken Wings blog article.