I tried making roasted chickpeas today since like many of you, I am self-isolating at home. I like to normally eat out at least once a week to change it up from cooking at home, but that seems to be a thing of the past, at least for the next little while.
I was going through Flipboard and the heading of an article, “How to make crispy roasted chickpeas in your oven”, caught my eye. I skimmed the article and recipe and made my version of it since I mostly use recipes as suggestions on how to make the dish. That’s why I don’t provide quantities of some of the ingredients I list in my recipes and don’t really put how long to cook something for. Each cooking appliance cooks food differently, just like the person cooking it. 🙂
Level: Easy | Time: 15 min | Servings: 1-2
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt (as much as you prefer)
- Black pepper (as much as you prefer)
- Cayenne pepper (if you like spicy)
- Empty the can of chickpeas into a colander and rinse.
- Put the chickpeas and 1 tbsp of olive oil into a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Toss until the chickpeas are evenly seasoned.
- Put the seasoned chickpeas in a single layer on tin foil covering a sheet pan.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bake in oven until the chickpeas turn slightly brown. (I have a Cuisinart AirFryer Toaster Oven that not only air fries, but also broils, bakes and toasts. It is my favourite appliance ever, hands down. I baked the chickpeas in there and then switched it to the air fryer option for the last 5 min to make it even crispier.)
- Take out of oven, cool and serve as a healthy snack.