One of the healthiest foods you can eat for breakfast is hard-boiled eggs so I usually boil enough eggs to eat for breakfast throughout my work week. I sometimes use the hard-boiled eggs to make egg salad to change things up a little and because I love egg salad. 🤤 I know that mayonnaise kind of defeats the purpose of trying to eat healthier. It was light mayonnaise though…does that count for something?
Egg salad is something I can eat every day and if I do get sick of it for some reason, I can just change up what I put in it. Egg salad is also really simple to make. You just need to boil some eggs and add mayonnaise (some people also put dijon mustard) and whichever seasonings and vegetables you prefer. I tried adding bacon bits the last time I made it. Why had I never thought of that before? It was delicious!
Level: Easy | Time: 15 min | Servings: 1
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp of mayonnaise (or light mayonnaise if you want to be healthier)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp of dill
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- Chopped celery and green onions (optional)
- Fill a pot with enough water to completely cover the eggs and put it on top of the stove burner.
- Put 2 eggs into the pot gently so they don’t crack and turn the stove burner on to high heat.
- Once the water starts boiling, set the timer for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, empty the hot water out of the pot and fill the pot with cold water.
- After a few minutes, dump the water out of the pot and fill it with cold water again. Do this a few times until the eggs get cold.
- Peel the shells off the boiled eggs and put the eggs into a bowl.
- Put 1.5 tsp of mayonnaise into the bowl and chop the eggs with a spoon while thoroughly mixing the mayonnaise with it.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, dill, and paprika on top of the eggs (and mayonnaise) and mix well.
- Serve in a sandwich, on flatbread, or any method you prefer. Enjoy!
If you want a good snack to eat with this, check out my Roasted Chickpeas blog article.