Apparently one of the healthiest foods you can eat for breakfast is hard boiled eggs so I usually boil enough eggs to eat for breakfast throughout my work week. I sometimes use the hard boiled eggs to make egg salad to change things up a little and because I love egg salad. 🤤 I know that mayonnaise kind of defeats the purpose of trying to eat healthier. It was light mayonnaise though…does that count for something?
Egg salad is something I can eat every day and if I do get sick of it for some reason, I can just change up what I put in it. Egg salad is also really simple to make. You just need to boil some eggs, and add mayonnaise and whichever seasonings (and vegetables) you prefer. I think some people also put dijon mustard. Delicious!
Level: Easy | Time: 15 min | Servings: 1
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp of mayonnaise (or light mayonnaise if you want to be “healthy”)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp of dill
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- Chopped celery and green onions (optional)
- Fill a pot with enough water to completely cover the eggs and put it on top of the stove burner.
- Put 2 eggs into the pot gently so they don’t crack and turn the stove burner on to high heat.
- Once the water starts boiling, set the timer for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, empty the hot water out of the pot and fill the pot with cold water.
- After a few minutes, dump the water out of the pot and fill it with cold water again. Do this a few times until the eggs get cold.
- Peel the shells off the boiled eggs and put the eggs into a bowl.
- Put 1.5 tsp of mayonnaise into the bowl and chop the eggs with a spoon while thoroughly mixing the mayonnaise with it.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, dill and paprika on top of the eggs (and mayonnaise) and mix well.
- Serve in a sandwich, on flatbread or any method you prefer. Enjoy!
If you want a good snack to eat with this, check out my Roasted Chickpeas blog post.