What is purple and is called both an animal product and a living organism that grows on the earth? Eggplant isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but the people who eat eggplant seem to love it. When I first heard of eggplant fries, I knew I had to try making it because I’m one of those people. My husband does not like it (so more for me! 😉).
Eggplant fries were pretty easy to make and tasty to eat. My husband even had some and he usually refuses to eat eggplant at all. I hope you enjoy it and maybe those of you who don’t like eggplant will like it after trying this recipe.
Level: Easy | Time: 45 min | Servings: 4-5
- 1 eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- Put 1/2 cup of flour in a bowl.
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and beat them.
- Mix the Italian bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and then cut it into pieces that are around 1 inch thick.
- Dry the eggplant pieces with a paper towel.
- Dip the eggplant into the flour, then the egg, and finally the seasoning.
- Put each piece of eggplant in a single layer on the oiled pan you will use to bake (or air fry) the eggplant.
- Bake at 350F until golden brown (around 8 min in my air fryer, the Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven).
- Remove the eggplant fries from the oven and enjoy!
If you want a good main dish to make with this, check out my Ground Beef and Vegetables blog post.