Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Fettuccine
Buttery fettuccine noodles with shrimp, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and lemon juice? It doesn’t get much better than that for those of us who prefer buttery pasta. There’s just something so delicious about it. Maybe it’s that you can taste each ingredient instead of the sauce being the main flavour.
My husband picked up some jumbo shrimp from No Frills for $4.99 + tax (you know it’s a good deal when each customer is only allowed to purchase one of it…) a couple of weeks ago, and we decided to make fettuccine noodles with it, hence this recipe for Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Fettuccine. My husband made the shrimp, which I added to the rest of the dish. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did. The leftovers lasted a few days, thank goodness. 😉
Level: Easy | Time: 45 min | Servings: 4
- 1 package of jumbo shrimp
- 2 cups of cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 package of frozen whole-leaf spinach
- 1/2 package of fettuccine noodles
- 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp of shredded cheese
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 tsp of butter
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Old Bay seasoning (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Chili flakes (to taste)
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- Italian seasoning (to taste)
- Lemon and herbs seasoning (to taste)
- Defrost half a package of frozen whole-leaf spinach.
- Season the jumbo shrimp with Old Bay seasoning, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, cayenne pepper, thyme, Italian seasoning, and olive oil to taste.
- Chop up 5 cloves of garlic.
- Slice 2 cups of mushrooms into quarters or preferred shape.
- Boil the fettuccine in a pot of salted water until al dente.
- Drain the water from the pot.
- Put 1 tsp of butter and 1 tsp of olive oil in the pot with the noodles and stir until coated.
- Season with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili flakes, and lemon and herbs seasoning to taste.
- Put to the side.
Shrimp and Vegetables
- Heat a big (so all the food fits… 🤭) pan on high heat.
- Brown 1 tsp of butter and some of the garlic in the pan.
- Add the jumbo shrimp to the pan and fry until they are lightly charred and turn pink.
- Remove the shrimp and put them into a bowl.
- Turn the heat down to medium heat and add another teaspoon of butter.
- Add the rest of the garlic and the mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are almost cooked, add the defrosted spinach.
- Sauté the mushrooms and spinach for a few min.
- Put the cooked fettuccine and jumbo shrimp in the pan with the vegetables.
- Add 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp of shredded cheese, 1 tsp of olive oil, and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Toss all the ingredients in the pan for 3 min.
- Remove the pan from the heat and bon appetit!
If you want a good side dish to make with this, check out my Eggplant Fries blog article.