I always thought pasta tastes just as good with crumbled ground beef so I never spent the time to make meatballs before. That is, until a few weeks ago when I felt like cooking something new. The meatball recipe I threw together is below.
Surprisingly, my meatballs actually turned out (it could have been beginner’s luck) and my husband liked it. He always says he likes the food I made, but I can tell he’s sometimes just being polite. This time, my husband ate some of the leftover meatballs for lunch the next day and he doesn’t usually eat lunch so I knew they weren’t terrible. 😂
It’s not going to be as satisfying to eat pasta without meatballs now… Why did I have to experiment and create extra work for myself?
Level: Easy | Time: 40 min | Servings: 4
- 1 package of lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion sliced into small pieces
- 2/3 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (if you like spicy)
- Preheat your oven to 450F on “Bake”.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together.
- Grease a sheet pan with oil. (I put parchment paper on the pan first.)
- Scoop a chunk of ground beef with your hands and roll it into a ball. (The smaller each meatball is, the crispier they will be.)
- Place each meatball onto the pan so they are spaced out.
- When the oven reaches 450F, slide in the pan of meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs for 20-25 min or until the meatballs are slightly brown on the outside.
- Take the pan out of the oven and serve the meatballs as preferred. (I’m so original that I put the meatballs I cooked in tomato sauce and made spaghetti. 😜)
If you want a good side dish to make with this, check out my Air-Fried Jalapeño Poppers blog article.