Pulled Pork Taco Pizza
I don’t think I know anyone (personally) who hates cheese. What’s to hate? There are so many different kinds of cheese, it tastes good and it tastes even better when it’s melted so I use every opportunity I can to melt cheese on my food. Don’t tell anyone (although it’s on my public blog so I guess I am telling the whole world…), but sometimes I even melt cheese in the microwave and just eat that by itself. 😌
Something quick and probably healthier than normal pizza is making pizza on soft tacos or wraps. You can use any toppings you want, but my recipe below used some pulled pork that I made the day before in my Instant Pot via the “Slow Cook” option. I hope you enjoy pulled pork taco pizza as much as I did.
Level: Easy | Time: 15 min | Servings: 1
- 1 soft taco or wrap
- Taco sauce (to taste)
- BBQ sauce (to taste)
- Pulled pork (as much as you prefer)
- Green onions (to taste)
- Shredded cheese (to taste)
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Sour cream (to taste)
- Spread taco and BBQ sauce on each soft taco.
- Put the pulled pork on top.
- Cut and add the green onions.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the pulled pork and green onions.
- Season lightly with cayenne pepper if you like your food to be spicy (like me, which you probably know about me by now if you’ve been reading my posts 😉).
- Preheat oven to 425F on “Bake”.
- Place each soft taco on top of a tin-foiled sheet pan and put it in the oven. (I used my pizza stone to make it this time because it bakes bread products really, really well.)
- Bake the soft tacos until they are slightly brown and the cheese is melted and bubbling, which will only take a few min since it’s on high heat.
- Let them cool for a bit (so you don’t burn your mouth with the melted cheese, which I always do because I don’t want to wait) and serve with sour cream on the side.
If you want a good snack to eat after this, check out my Popcorn blog article.